Monday, December 29, 2008

The First of Many Roadblocks

I tried to add Wikio's universal subscribe button to my blog today without success. I was doing fine until I got to the part where the instructions read, "Congratulations! The code for your button has been generated. You now need simply copy the code below and paste it onto your site wherever you wish to display the button" (italics mine).

I love that word "simply." They make it sound so easy. Where, in all of the source code for your blog site do you simply paste the JavaScript for the universal subscribe button!? This raises the more daunting question, which is: If you can't do it, does that make you simple? It sure feels that way to me!

This is the first of what is sure to be many roadblocks to creating the kind of blog site I want. What's the next step? I could stick with it until I solve the problem, or I could move on to something else for the time being. Hmm... since I am on vacation, I think I will simply "go out and play."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I could get in and read all your pages. Didn't want you to learn your new skill for nothing!

Hope you have a fun time playing today.

Curt Longacre said...

Thanks, Christine! I appreciate it.